Monday, May 21, 2007

The Grande Première


A big Welcome to everyone.

I decided that this blog would be about books, simply because I love to visit the library and its vast amounts of books and I love being captivated by their stories. There is few things that gives me more contentment than follow a protagonist through happiness and sadness the whole emotional circle. I also enjoy recommending great books to others, as well as warning them from failures.
However much I like books, there is one problem. Once I start reading a book, I can’t put it down. No matter how terrible it is and how much I really want to quit and get on with the next, I can’t. I always feel that it will be better as I read along and I don’t want to miss that good ending. However, most of the time it doesn’t. This often means that I have struggled my way through many books that clearly did not deserve my attention. But then again, perhaps I learned something from just that one book that took me forever to read.

On my spare time I like to try my own hand at writing, and the most common advice given to any aspiring writer must be read, read, read. Therefore I go through heaps of books, good and bad and everything in between.

Now to a more serious subject, I want to dedicate these last few words to a Swedish author that passed away recently. Her name was Maria Gripe and she wrote beautiful Young Adult novels, which I read when I was young. If you haven’t read anything from her yet visit your local library and see if they have some of her books, they are translated into English and several other languages as well.

I hope to see you soon again. Here or at bokstolen, this blog’s sister site in Swedish and practice your Swedish.
Josefine

No comments: