Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Free books online

A while back I ran into the web site A celebration of Women Writers where you can read free books online. There are a plethora of books to read. I stopped at Queen Liliuokalani’s Hawaii’s Story by Hawaii’s Queen. But there are plenty, plenty more to read. To my surprise, this is just an extension of the more extensive site of the Online Books Page.
I am not a big fan of reading off the computer screen in long texts, but this extensive source of books are really worth it. This might not be such a surprise for many, but this, to me it was like Christmas came early this year. Now I will spend the next days (perhaps weeks) to further explore these sites for more books to read and enjoy.

Josefine

My recommendations: Hotel Honolulu by Paul Theroux

No comments: