Friday, September 14, 2007

Philippa Gregory web cast

As you might have noticed I have a big interest in history. I read anything I can get my hands on, historical novels and historical non-fiction alike. When I look through my booklist more than half of the books have something to do with history. One of the newest authors, writing historical fiction, I have discovered is Philippa Gregory. She has written a lot about the history of England, and especially the Tudor time (16th and early 17th century). She is a talented writer with an interest for what happens around a monarch in their immediate court. It is difficult to find something I do not like about her books, I read them fast and can hardly wait for her newest books The Boleyn Inheritance and The Other Queen to be released in Swedish.
This Sunday, September 16, at 19:00 GMT, you can watch a live web cast of Philippa Gregory. It is a web cast of Philippa Gregory, talking to an audience in London. If you are interested in Philippa Gregory, historical novels, or writing in general, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
As a warm up for the big event I am currently reading A respectable Trade, one of her early books, published in 1995.
Josefine

My recommendations: The queens fool by Philippa Gregory

No comments: