Thursday, October 25, 2007

A book to pass time

I always carry a book with me where ever I go because you never know when they come in handy, at that really long line at the bank or when you wait for a friend who is running late. There are innumerous ways you can need a book to let time pass.
Even though I find it very convenient to always have a book handy, I am surprised of how many people that don’t use it as a way to distract time. Instead they are standing in line stomping their feet, sighing heavily and looking at their watch as the line to the register moves slowly ahead. Why does not people take the time standing in line to calm down and think about something else then their stressful lives? Perhaps a scientific investigation to find out how much you can reduce your stress levels when you wait in line by bringing a book would help? Anyone up for the challenge?
Josefine

My recommendations when waiting in line: Can you keep a secret by Sophie Kinsella

No comments: