Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The art of reading more then one book at the same time

I have noticed that there are two kinds of bookworms. There is the ones reading one book from cover to cover before starting on a new. Then there are those, like me, who has any various numbers of books started at the same time. For example, I currently read an autobiography, an historical non-fiction, a collection of feminist essays and listen to a fiction CD book and of course the random magazines that I subscribe to.
To me it depends on what kind of mood I am in. It requires a special mood to follow in the sometimes difficult arguments in the essay collection. On the other hand, I need the CD book when I bike to work at six in the morning and want something that does not require full brain activity. There are different times for different books.

I can’t understand those people who only read one book at the time. I t would take me too long to do that. What if I am not in the right mood, then what would I do? Not read? But I have to admit that sometime I admire those people who read only one book at the time, it requires a determination to finish what you started, which can be helpful in other aspects of life as well.
Josefine

My recommendations: Wild swans by Jung Chang

No comments: