Sunday, January 11, 2009

Places to read

Someone once told me the reason why they didn’t read much was because they could only read, sitting in a special chair in her bedroom, which was also used as a clothes hangar. That meant that every time she wanted to read, she would have to take all the clothes and either put them on her bed, which she didn’t like or put them all away in the closet and that would take too much time and then there would be no time to read.

A bad excuse? I don’t know, but it made me think of the places I like to read, which is almost everywhere, but I do have my favourites. My favourite place to read in the summer is outside, especially in Holland Park in London. There are so many different views of the park that you can find a new place every time. In the winter when I like to stay inside, my bed is my number 1 place other than that I like to go to a café sit down with a cappuccino and drift away in a good book.
Where is you favourite place to read? Outside, inside, anywhere, write and tell me.
Josefine

My Recommendations: Under the Tuscan sun – at home in Italy by Frances Mayes

2 comments:

raspootin said...

As much as I'd love, love, love to read in them I find the chaos of cafes distracting (any tips on favourite reader-friendly ones in London?).

Ironically, one place where my concentration is never broken when I'm reading is when sitting on the bus.

Josefine said...

I am a person who can read through the noice of other people, but there is a Costa by the Guildhall that is virtually empty on the weekends where I go if I want piece and quiet but still get out of the house:)