Thursday, April 19, 2012

Early Summer Read

I am a bit early with my summer reads this year, because I just couldn't resist the temptation to pick up The Beach Café by Lucy Diamond when I saw it at the library the other week, it's a book that has been on my reading list for a while.
I like Diamond's way of getting straight to the point. In the first couple of pages you find out that Evie's aunt has died suddenly and she has left her cherished café in Cornwall to her. This part of the story is all on the back of the book anyway, so it is better to get it out of the way right away and we can then enjoy to learn something new about the characters.
It's a feel good story and I will definitely pick up some of Diamond's other books as well.

Josefine

Title: The Beach Café Author: Lucy Diamond ISBN: 978-0-330-52053-9

No comments: