Friday, May 18, 2012

Harry Potter moves on

It was more than a year since I read the first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and marvelled over J.K. Rowling's talent for telling a story.

After finding the third book Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at a bargain price at the library sale, I felt I needed to read the second book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret first.

The Chamber of Secret did not impress me in the same way as the Philosopher's Stone did. This might have to do with the pleasant surprise I got when I first read the Philosopher's Stone, compared to what I already knew about Rowling's storytelling talent when I picked up the second book. But I did think that the story and plot in itself was not as good in the Chamber of Secrets, it didn't keep me as captured and involved as the Philospoher's Stone did.

However, I also have to remind myself that when you read the books as an adult, you need to remember that in its essence it is a children's book, written for children to enjoy.
Josefine


Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Author: J.K. Rowling ISBN: 978-0-7475-
3848-6

No comments: