Saturday, December 6, 2008

Europe’s largest bookstore

From the smallest library in town, there is a short subway ride to what they claim to be the largest bookstore in Europe (Waterstone’s on Piccadilly). Six floors with shelf after shelf of books of all kinds: fiction, non-fiction of every subject available, school literature, children’s books, poetry, and magazines, everything you can imagine. If you get tired at any point there is a café in the basement and a trendy restaurant on the top floor.

I spent a whole afternoon there the first time I was there and came out with a whole bunch of books, ready to buy their complete inventory, but stopped myself.
I like this bookstore, not so much for their exclusiveness in books; they have what most other stores have. But it is just the share amount of books that intrigues me. It feels like they have collected every publishable book in Europe and put it in one place.
Did I need to mention that it was not my first time and only time there?
Josefine

My recommendations: Maya by Jostein Gaarder

No comments: