Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nobel Prize in litterature 09

Again a woman has been awarded with the Nobel Prize in literature, which is given out in Stockholm tomorrow. This year it was awarded to the German speaking Romanian Herta Müller. I haven’t read any of Müller’s books yet, but that seems to be the case with me. I never discover these writers until have been awarded. I might have to add some of her books to my ever growing “want to read list”.
I am still waiting for Joyce Carol Oates to get the honours or why not another Swede. It has been 35 years since a Swedish person was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature, and with a wink to patriotism, I think it is time for another.

Also, my hat off for all the women winning this year, five of them in total. One of the organisers said it would be nice to have less black and white on the podium this year and I can only agree.
Josefine

My recommendations: Watch the TV coverage of the Nobel Prize tomorrow evening, if for no other reason than to see what the queen and princesses are wearing.

No comments: