Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amsterdam in one afternoon

It doesn’t happen often, mostly a few times per year, last weekend was the first time this year I finished a book in one afternoon. I started Ian McEwan’s book Amsterdam in the morning with my first cup of coffee. Some hours later and as many cups of coffee I had finished the whole thing.
It was a shorter novel, but the history drew me in and I couldn’t put down the book the whole day. It is quit a dark novel that most of his books are but the intrigues drew me in and I had to keep reading. It had twists and turns on every page without making it in to a soap opera. All in all a well spent afternoon.

I love the combination of a good book and the time to finish it in one long sitting and I look forward to next time it happens
Josefine

My recommendations: The prosperous thief by Andrea Goldsmith.

No comments: