Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The second novel

In a quite quick succession, I read both the first and second book by Miranda Dickinson, Fairytale of New York (her first) and Welcome to my world (her second).
Even though it had its bright points, Welcome to my world, didn't quite live up to Fairytale. Some of it has to do with, after having read the back of the book, I had envisioned another story. To me, the characters didn't seem quite real and I never felt for them as I did for Rosie Duncan and the others in Fairytale. A nice twist though was that Rosie Duncan (from the first book) and Harriet Langton (from the second) are actually cousins.
I am still looking forward to read my signed copy of It started with a kiss and follow along Miranda Dickinson
v-log for her fourth book, but It started with a kiss, will have to wait for a little while, at least a bit in to the new year.
Josefine


Title. Welcome to my world Author: Miranda Dickinson ISBN: 978-1-84756-166-4

No comments: