Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good Crime

I am not the biggest fan of the crime genre. I think many of the books become static and uninteresting, where the same team of protagonists solve the same type of crime in book after book, with some personal stories thrown in to give the characters some “heart and soul.” I know I don't like them, and therefore choose to stay away.
However, after listening to an author talk by Dan Waddell at my local library, I decided to try his book The Blood Detective. Waddell manages to write a crime story with a different twist, combining his knowledge about genealogy (he was one of the researchers for the BBC programme Who do you think you are?), with a great crime story. And of course, living close to the scenes of the crimes, and following him along the streets of Notting Hill and Notting Dale, appeals to me even more.
The Blood Detective is a really good book that I would recommend to everyone who's looking for something different from the crime genre.
Josefine

Title: The Blood Detective Author: Dan Waddell ISBN: 978-0-14-104098-1

No comments: