Thursday, September 6, 2012

Can heaven wait?

I've read much about Cally Taylor's first novel Heaven can wait, following her path to publishing through her blog and was prepared for an uplifting chick-lit book. What I was not prepared for, was it to be so sad. Some parts of the book are funny and witty, then there are so many parts that are heartbreakingly sad. However, the best features of the book, is that Taylor nails each and everyone of the emotions. I can sense what each and everyone of the characters are feeling and that makes me care about them and their stories, turning the pages wanting and needing to know how it ends.
In short, it is a wonderful book. It took me a long time to get to this novel (my list of books I want to read, never seems to shorten) but when I read it, I was a bit gutted I had waited so long to get to it. Her second novel Home for Christmas is on my to read list as well, and hopefully I'll get to it sooner, I might just bump it up a bit.
If you want to see what Taylor is up to (including being a new mum) you can find her website here.
Josefine
Title: Heaven can wait Author: Cally Taylor ISBN: 978-1-409-10323-3

No comments: