Friday, July 27, 2007

Impulse shopping

Like I already told you in an earlier post, paperbacks are a must in summer Sweden. I have tried to resist it all summer but yesterday I fell for the temptation.
I picked up my sister at the train station and suggested to her that we go to do the bookstore before going home. Since she said she needed a book, I fast invited her to split a "take four for three" paperback book deal with me. As we strolled through the shelves I was soon standing with four book of my own, while my sister had picked out her two. This is why I can’t go to the bookstore very often and why there are so many unread books in my room. I always find so many good books that I just MUST have. Well, nothing else for me to do than chose two and leave the other two, (which I still intend to pick up the next time I am there).
Anyway, the books I got were the Plot against America by Philip Roth and the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

I was very lucky too, and got a free sample from Peter James and Dan Hansén & Jens Nordqvist. It was books and authors I have never read anything of before and I let you know if they are any good.
Josefine

My recommendations: The plot against America by Philip Roth. I can never resist a good “what if” book.

No comments: