Saturday, February 14, 2009

Roses are red…

Violets are blue…. And so on. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I will dedicate this entry to love.
For the old school readers out there, the classic romances of Jane Austin and Shakespeare might be tempting to pick up on a day like this. One of my favourite love stories is Sebastien Japrisot’s book A very long engagement, about a woman who refuses to believe that her fiancé were killed in the trenches during the Great War.

For a real life love story, I warmly recommend My Sergei-a love story by Ekaterina Gordeva, a love story on skates between a pair of figure skaters, that won it all but were tragically separated by the faith of an undetected disease. Gordeva’s love for Sergei shines through on every page of the book and leaves you with a broken heart.
Josefine

My recommendations: Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare

No comments: