Sunday, February 22, 2009

Writers' talk

I look forward to a writers’ visit by Sarah Dunant and Paul Strathern this coming Tuesday at one of my local bookstores Daunt books. It will be a night with focus on the Italian renaissance. Dunant writes historical novels that take place during the renaissance, while Strathern writes non-fiction books. As you might remember I have a great interest in Italy and books written about Italy, fiction and non-fiction.

I have read two of Dunant's books about the renaissance and I look forward to the third, which will be published in July. I like her style of writing, entertaining but still accurate, she knows the period she writes about. There is a lot of small facts in her books that you know she had to research thoroughly to find.
I have not yet read anything from Strathern but my flat mate is currently reading Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance and I will have first dibs on that when she finishes it.

Josefine

My recommendations: In the company of the courtesan by Sarah Dunant

No comments: