Sunday, March 1, 2009

A real page-turner

It was a long time since I found a book I couldn’t put down, but this past weekend I found a real page-turner. It was Fannie Flagg’s book Welcome to the world Baby Girl! I was at the library searching for one of her other books (Can’t wait to go to heaven), when I found this.
I started to read it, hoping it would be good. 150 pages later I looked up and realised that it was dark outside and it was late at night. I had to put it down to get some sleep. The next day I couldn’t wait to get off work to come home and keep reading.
It is one of the best books I have read so far this year and the twist at the end was brilliantly set up. I won’t say what it is, you have to find out by yourself, but if you look back through the book you see Flagg carefully placing hidden clues to what to come. Brilliant.
Josefine

My recommendations: Fried Green Tomatoes at Whistle Stop Café by Fannie Flagg

Ps. The writer’s talk last week was a success, but was cut short after an hour even though there were interest to continue.

No comments: