Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sherlock Holmes

Living in the heart of the city of Sherlock Holmes, a few tube stops away from the famous, though fictional, Baker Street 221B (No. 239 houses a Sherlock Holmes museum), I had an urge to re-read my Sherlock Holmes collection. The stories still interest me, and considering it was probably fifteen years since I last read them, it was like returning to an old friend as I turned the pages. But there were also things I saw in a new light. I remembered the ingeniousness of Mr. Holmes himself but now I also discovered his somewhat brusque attitude towards Dr. Watson.
It is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s well-constructed stories and easy reading that brings me back to these stories. My favourite among them is probably Baskerville’s hound, it has enough suspense for cold chills to go down my spine.
Josefine

My recommendations: Last shift by Karin Whalberg

No comments: