Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What if Peter van Pelsen had surrived

I have written before about my love for “what if” stories and I just finished another one. The boy who loved Anne Frank by Ellen Feldman was very well written and seemed so true that I had to stop and think at times.
It is a story about Peter van Pelsen the boy of the other family, hiding in the annex with Anne Frank and her family in Amsterdam during World War II. In the story he survives the concentration camps and makes his way to the US border where he shreds his old life and takes on a new life in the New World as a gentile. However, life catches up with him and he has to stand up to decide if he is going to hide forever or face his past.
It was such a well-written story that I would like to recommend it to anyone if you read Anne Frank’s diary or not.
Josefine


My recommendations: The diary of a young girl by Anne Frank

No comments: