Friday, November 18, 2011

In real life

Sometimes when you read a book, you recognise things from it that has happened in real life. When I started to read The case of the missing books by Ian Samson I felt as if it is was right here, right now. The first page of the book, met me with the words Library Closed, ironic it is that is what met me a couple of weeks ago, when the council won in court and closed down six of the communites twelve libraries. Fortunately for Israel Armstrong in the book, there was an alternative for him, he became the librarian for the book mobile, all he had to do first was finding the 15 000 missing books. A much more happy ending then what we are experiencing right now.

The case of the missing books has its bright sides and is even funny at times, but I have a difficult time seeing it as a series but apparently the second book is already out. Perhpas the sequel is for some one who appreciated the character of Israel Amrstrong more than I did.
Josefine

Title: The case of the missing books Author: Ian Samson ISBN: 978-0-00-720699-2

1 comment:

Karen said...

I work in a library, and several of our smaller branches are closing next year. Very sad.

I tried to read this book - because I work in a library! - but, like you, although I thought it had its funny sides I probably won't read the sequel.