Friday, October 12, 2012

Hunting and gathering - The book or the film?

I find it interesting with books that are made into films (that's why I bring it up so many times here) but I try to read the book first, as most of the time I find the book is better.
In my last post, I wrote about the book Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda and the evening I finished the book I also saw the film (with the same name). The film stars one of my favourite actresses Adurey Tautou and had I seen just the film, I think I would have liked it more, but as always with making films from a book, cuts are made.
Unfortunately the film lost so many of the small nuances Gavalda is so good at portraying that make the three main characters more complex. What I missed the most were Camille's painting, there was so much more emotions in her paintings and I would have loved to see Mamadou's full outfit when she finally comes to sit for Camille.
Josefine

Title: Hunting and gathering Author: Anna Gavalda ISBN: 978-91-0-010605-4

No comments: