Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lives of a quiet desperation

Revolutionary Road – Book or Film?
Richard Yates book Revolutionary Road was one of the best books I read last year and I can't believe I'd missed that there is a film based on the book with Leonardo di Caprio and Kate Winslet. So of course I had to rent it.
Where the book fails to capture April Wheeler's all emotions, I think the film highlights 1950s women loneliness better, watching the film, it felt as I was as reading  Betty Friedan's Feminine Mystique again. The quiet desperation of many women's lives in the 1950s.
It's a difficult choice to pick the book or the film,they are both exceptionally well executed and I don't think you'd be disappointed picking up either of them.
Josefine
Title: Revolutionary Road Author: Richard Yates ISBN: 978-0-413-75710-4

No comments: