Saturday, June 16, 2012

A library bargain

I went to the library today to return a book, I had promised myself not to borrow more than one book (after my well thought out strategy of returning one book and lending one new). I return home with three borrowed books plus four I bought from the for sale shelf, to my defence I will say that you can't say no when you get four books for only a Pound. I am not very often at this library and every time I go, there's something new at the for sale shelf that looks interesting.
These were the books I bought this time:

Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow - an author that becomes a bigger favourite the more I read of him.

Marshmallows for breakfast by Dorothy Koomson - I read The Ice Cream Girls and has been looking forwards to read more from her.

The Forgotten Affairs of Youth by Alexander McCall-Smith - The latest in the series about Isabelle Dalhousie.

A Short history of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka - the fourth book and the best of what was left on the shelf.

Josefine

No comments: